In March, the Austrian government joined a list of countries recommending the use of face masks in public to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. It’s our mission to have a positive impact through all we do and making masks is a way for us to actively be involved and play our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
VRESH OPIEKA MASKS
Our face masks are sustainable and fairmade in Europe. In this post, we’re sharing more details about our VRESH OPIEKA MASKS and some important things to remember when it comes to wearing and washing your mask...
WHY WEAR A MASK?
Besides being a legal requirement in many countries, studies show that:
“A double layer of 100% cotton cloth is about 70% as effective as a surgical mask at capturing small particles (up to five times smaller than coronavirus).”
This means that wearing a cotton mask is a great idea when leaving the house for essential trips (please note that it is NOT a medical mask). Wearing a mask means you are protecting others by not spreading the virus if you have it, protecting yourself by reducing your chances of catching the virus, and it also helps in reducing face-touching.
WHY CHOOSE VRESH OPIEKA MASKS?
Our mouth-nose protection (MNS) masks are made from 100% cotton (ÖKO-TEX certified) and anti-bacterial materials to maximise effectiveness, and they are reusable after washing (read below for more tips on washing your mask). We put the European stars over our logo as a symbol for our reliance on one another during tough times, and how we are all connected!
Our masks are made by our small production partners in Poland and Portugal, by buying our masks you are supporting our circular economy in a difficult time.
HOW TO WEAR YOUR OPIEKA MASK
- Before putting on your mask, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Put on your mask, making sure your mouth and nose are covered.
- Do not touch your mask while you are wearing it (if you do, wash or sanitise your hands).
- Remove your mask from the back, do not touch the material that was covering your nose and mouth.
- Wash your mask before reusing it.
HOW TO WASH YOUR OPIEKA MASK
- Do not use your cotton mask a second time without washing it.
- After 3-4 hours or if the fabric mask is wet, use a new, clean one.
- Do not leave a used mask lying around before washing it.
- Wash at 60° C.
- Dry well before reusing it.
Our masks are available for order and shipment in Europe through our online shop here.